Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Road to Gumption in the Sky

I haven't posted much this month. Soon after my previous post, my mother entered the hospital. After a brief stay, she returned home, and all seemed on the mend. But a few days later, she passed away peacefully with family at her side. During the time I spent helping my father with arrangements and transition, I came to know even more about my mother that I did not realize.

In her final days, she felt at peace, that she had successfully lived her life and traveled her Road to Gumption. My mother expressed privately to my father that she had had a long life, was satisfied, and now it was time to go. And a few days later, she was gone. That was my mother. She would make up her mind about something, and then set out to do it. So somewhere up in the sky, she's reflecting on the satisfaction and happiness of the life she lived.

We'll miss you, Mom.

No comments: